Why TrustSec OS ?
(TrustSec Operating System) is a sequence of instructions permanently embedded in the ROM of the smart card. Smart card operating system is the principle component in the security chain; it protects the personal identity and provides the required security services to the citizens. It also allows third-party vendors to build embedded applications without affecting the security.
- It manages the internal file system, I/O and the interactions between these components and various applications. Usually, this operating system also contains most of the security services – handling encryption/decryption and managing security certificates.
- It sets the latest technology in smart card operating system and secure device technology. offering an open platform that combines the best in security, flexibility Native/Java and ease to use.
This system is responsible for providing the following operations:
- Manages the smart chip hardware and perform chip initialization, configuration while startup and self-test
- Manages single or multiple applications. Application management includes, secure download, loading, installation, selection, communication and deletion
- Optionally allows multiple vendors per card using multiple security domains
- Secure application execution in multi-applications environment using either software firewalls or hardware MMU
- Executes high level applications (i.e. Java) through internal virtual machine
- Provides software level implementation for cryptographic operations like RSA, ECC, DSA, DES, 3DES, AES, SHA, PRNG and DH
- Provides software level implementation of communication protocols like T0, T1, TCL and optional USB/CCID
- Provides system level interface for different hardware modules like communication, security, storage, memory, transaction, file system, timers and random number generator
- Personal IdentificationNational ID, Driving License and Employee Cards. It holds personal information and allows other security services like authentication, digital signing and data encryption
- TelecommunicationRequired for all phone systems under the Global System for Mobile Communication (GSM) standard
- Electronic CommerceDigital wallet. The applications are numerous, such as transportation, parking, laundry, gaming, retail, and entertainment
- Securing Digital ContentSecure the access to digital contents and perform data encryption or signing of very sensitive data
- Healthcare InformaticsIdentify patients, facilitate the insurance systems, and carry patient status and sensitive data
- Embedded Device ControlAuthenticate users who are responsible to operate equipment like medical systems, machines, vehicles and so on
- Physical AccessGranted access to certain data, equipment, and departments according to their status. Multi function, microprocessor-based smart cards incorporate identity with access privileges
- Enterprise and Network SecurityDeploy smart cards as a replacement for user name and passwords